Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Depression

No matter what pill I take
Or how many shrinks I talk to,
Your voice still echoes in my head,
Drowning out everything else.
More potent than Ativan,
Stronger than Zoloft,
Your words have a 100%
Effectiveness rating, and a list
Of side effects a mile long.
Nausea, high blood pressure,
Obesity, rapid heart rate,
Depression, anxiety and fatigue
Just to name a few.
My self-confidence is lower
Than your standards,
But my list of accomplishments
Is longer than the dick
Of every man you’ve ever fucked combined.
You may think I sing like a dying chicken,
But I’ll always be a better parent than you.
You may be my Pandora’s Box,
I may be curious what’s going on
Inside that dark, depressing, psychotic
Mind of yours, but I’ll be damned
If I’ll pop off the lid and let you
Make me lose all my hope for humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment